Sharing the love of Jesus in tangible ways."If you oppress poor people, you insult the God who made them;
but kindness shown to the poor is an act of worship". Proverbs 14:31
Love in Action is the name for The Harbor's community care giving resource. We look for ways to give, care and assist those in our community who are in need. As Jesus said "whoever gives a cup of water in my name is doing it unto me". We enjoy being a giving community, and give in Jesus name with all the power and awesomeness associated with His name.
Love in Action is one way that people at the Harbor can minister to people who need to feel the love of Christ in a tangible way. We appreciate your involvement and help. Please contact Pastor Marv if you have questions or ideas.
Some ways Love in Action is expressing or has expressed itself are as follows:
- Sponsoring a monthly food distribution for families who are struggling to cover their housing, utility and food needs. The food distribution provides milk and dairy products, bread, fresh produce and meat. The food distribution is the second Saturday each month.
- Serving breakfast to Homeless families at a shelter in Maplewood. We serve the fourth Saturday each month.
- Serving dinner the 5th Monday of the month at Loaves & Fishes, an organization which cares for the homeless in the Twin City area.
- Working with freebikewash.com, a mission giving water and free motorcycle washes to bikers at the rally in Sturgis, South Dakota.
- Working to help replenish food shelves in Cottage Grove, Prescott and Hastings.
- Gathering shoe boxes of gifts for children throughout the world through Operation Christmas Child.